Avocado Grapefruit Salad
· 4 Cups Baby Greens
· 2 Grapefruits, peeled, cut into supremes (segments)
· 2 Avocadoes, peeled, sliced into strips lengthwise
· 1/4 Cup Cotija Cheese, Crumbled
· ¼ cup Marcona Almonds, crushed
· 2 Tbsp. Shallots, minced
· 1 Clove Garlic, minced
· 1/2 Grapefruit, zested and juiced (once grilled)
· 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
· 2 tsp. Whole Grain Mustard
· 2 tsp. Agave Nectar
· 4-6 Large Mint Leaves, cut into ribbons
· 3/4 Cup Avocado Oil
· S&P to taste
1. Spray grapefruit with nonstick pan spray and grill, cut side down until grill marks are achieved. Juice the grilled grapefruit.
2. Make vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients in bowl except oil. Slowly drizzle oil into mixture while constantly whisking to form emulsion. Taste and adjust seasoning with S&P. Gently toss grapefruit and avocado in vinaigrette. Line a large serving platter with greens, place avocado and grapefruit on top, garnish with Cotija, almonds and mint. Serve additional dressing as needed.
Pineapple with Grilled Orange & Sabayon
· ½ Fresh Pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 4 thick slices
· Zest and juice of 1 Grilled Orange
· 1Tbsp. Brown Sugar
· 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
· 6 large egg yolks
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/2 Cup Northern White wine
· 1 Tbsp. Mint, cut into ribbons
1. Mix together orange zest and juice, brown sugar and canola oil. Brush pineapple slices with mixture. Grill pineapple until grill marks are achieved on both sides (about 5 minutes).
3. Whisk egg yolks, sugar, wine, and pinch of salt in medium metal bowl until well blended.
4. Place bowl over saucepan of gently boiling water (do not let bottom of bowl touch water); whisk constantly until custard is thick
5. Pour over pineapple planks. Top with mint. May be served as a warm sauce or chilled.