· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 3/4 cup pancetta or bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
· 1 pound zoodles (noodles made from zucchini or other squash)
· 8 large eggs
· 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
· 1/2 cup grated pecorino
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 4 scallions, cut on a bias
1. Add about 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta a medium heat and cook until it starts to color and become crisp. Turn off the heat and reserve.
2. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add the grated cheeses and season with salt. Whisk vigorously until it becomes a homogenous mixture. Season generously with black pepper.
3. Add the zoodles to the pan with the pancetta over medium heat. Toss or stir the zoodles into the pancetta to coat the pasta with the remaining fat in the skillet. Immediately, vigorously stir the egg mixture into the pasta. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the egg mixture looks like a cream sauce. Garnish with scallions and serve immediately.