Nearly everyone has a favorite family recipe that was a tradition during the holiday season.
With Christmas fast approaching, NBC Charlotte anchor Sarah French is sharing an easy-to-make and delicious dessert recipe that anyone can create. Her Christmas cookie bark is a hit with the kids and is sure to hit the spot when you’re seeking something sweet during the holidays.
- 14 whole Oreo cookies broken up. I used the holiday ones with the red filling but regular will work fine
- 1.5 C pretzels broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
- 24 ounces white chocolate almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
- 1 C reindeer corn or holiday M&M's
- red and green colored sprinkles
- Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about three-quarters of the candy corn onto the wax paper.
- Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for about 90 seconds.
- Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining candy corn and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet.
- Do not let it harden.
- Place cookie tray in the refrigerator until set and firm.
- Remove and gently break bark into small pieces.
- Store in airtight container.