CONCORD, N.C. – A 15-year-old was arrested in connection with a pair of armed robberies in Concord that happened within 15 minutes of each other last week.
According to Concord Police, officers responded to both robberies off of Cabarrus Avenue and Spring Street on December 17. In both cases, witnesses described the suspect as a black male, between 5'5” and 5'11” with a gray sweatshirt and black pants. The victims told police the suspect wore a black mask to cover his face during the robberies.
Investigators were also told the suspect was armed with a handgun and stole a cellphone from one of the victims. No one was injured during either robbery, police said.
Detectives identified the 15-year-old as the suspect in both cases. The juvenile, who has not been identified due to his age, was charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon.