If you’re planning a Thanksgiving feast, now is the time to be shopping for a turkey. Many grocery stores have low prices on frozen turkeys, so consider buying a second one to put in your freezer if you have room. But don’t do like I did last year and put it in the freezer and forget about it all year.
Here are some of the advertised prices on turkeys at area stores. (Know of other good deals? Leave a comment).
Keep in mind that you might have to make an additional purchase to get the low price. Also, even if it doesn't say so below, you might need a loyalty card.
- Harris Teeter Premium Frozen Turkey: 37 cents a pound, with $40 additional purchase. Limit 1.
- Harris Teeter All Natural Fresh Turkey: $1.29 a pound. 10 to 24 pounds. Limit 2.
- Frozen turkey: 37 pounds, with minimum $35 purchase. MVP card required.
- Publix young turkey: 57 cents a pound. 10-24 pounds. Limit 2.
- Grade A Frozen Turkey: 59 cents a pound. With card. Limit 2.
- Butterball Grade A Frozen Turkey: 99 cents a pound. With card. Limit 2.
- Fresh whole turkey: 99 cents a pound.
- Butterball 10-24 pound premium frozen turkey: 99 cents a pound. Limit 2.
- Market Pantry 10-24 pound frozen turkey: 79 cents a pound. Limit 2.