Officials with the City of Charlotte have released full body camera video of an incident involving a former officer's controversial use of force following a pursuit last year.
The incident occurred in March of 2016 and involved former officer Jon Dunham and suspect James Yarborough following a traffic stop. Police say officers chased Yarborough for more than three minutes before catching up with him. Click here to WATCH FULL BODY CAM FOOTAGE.
Newly released stats from the North Carolina Department of Transportation are shocking Charlotteans and revealing the danger of driving in a work zone.
According to NCDOT, in 2016, there were 5831 work zone crashes across the state (a 20% increase from 2015). Out of 100 counties in North Carolina, Mecklenburg has topped the list of wok zone crashes since 2012.
26 people, including two workers, died in North Carolina work zones. And more than 75% of these crashes happened during the day. Click here to learn more about staying safe driving in work zones.
While you were sleeping, lawmakers reacted to the news that a special counsel is now in charge of the Russian campaign interference investigation.
The Justice Department appointed Robert Mueller, a former FBI Director. A special counsel was a step Trump has vehemently opposed for all four months of his administration.
"As I have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know - there was no collusion between my campaign and any foreign entity," President Trump said in a statement. "I look forward to this matter concluding quickly." Click here to read more.
Senator Thom Tillis was released from a Washington, DC hospital Wednesday afternoon hours after he collapsed while taking part in a race for charity.
Tillis returned to his Senate office and taped a message that was posted on YouTube, saying he was okay and thanking people who stopped to help him.
After Tillis collapsed, three people went over to help him and reportedly started CPR until an ambulance arrived. Click here to learn what Tillis said caused him to collapse.
When NBC Charlotte's very own Mark Boyle received a letter in the mail saying he was owed several hundred dollars he was flummoxed.
"I didn't know what to do really," Boyle said.
Turns out, Mark was legitimately owed money from the state of Florida, where he previously lived and worked. The letter? It was from a middle man saying he'd do the work and help Mark collect the cash... and it was real too. But who needs a middle man? Click here to continue reading.