CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte Fire Department has determined that the cause of a massive fire at a mansion in the SouthPark area Tuesday morning was due to an electrical malfunction.
According to Charlotte Fire, crews responded to a house fire in the 7000 block of Old Dairy Lane around 7:30. When firefighters arrived, they saw heavy smoke and flames coming from a home.
Update 2 Alarm Fire; 7000 Old Dairy Ln; fire was accidental due to electrical wiring malfunction; damage estimates $450,000; DGist### pic.twitter.com/hTs63nNKas— Charlotte Fire Dept (@CharlotteFD) July 25, 2017
Neighbors told NBC Charlotte crews on scene that the home owners were not at home and their pets were rescued from the home. They also said the home is in the same community that Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson lives in.
Individuals on the scene were seen trying to remove cars from the mansion's garage and fire crews battled flames.
Damages are estimated to be around $450,000 from the fire.
According to Charlotte Fire, they got the fire under control in 52 minutes. It is currently under investigation. No injuries have been reported.