CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Firefighters responded to a 2-alarm fire at CMC University Wednesday night.

Officials told NBC Charlotte the fire started in an enclosed brick storage area containing large roll-out trash bins and biohazard waste containers. CMC University is located in the 8800 block of North Tryon Street.

A viewer sent NBC Charlotte a video of the smoke showing at CMC University.

The fire did not affect any patient services, officials say. The fire did not reach the CMC University buildings. The estimated cost of property loss was $25,000.

Fire officials originally said the cause of the fire was due to a large trash compactor, but then provided an update saying it was the trash bins and biohazard waste containers.