CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A teenager was arrested Friday morning after CMPD said he led officers on a vehicle and foot chase throughout southeast Charlotte.

Sixteen-year-old Theodore Gregory faces multiple criminal charges, including assault with a deadly weapon, assault with a deadly weapon on a law enforcement officer, three counts of hit-and-run causing property damage, possession of a stolen automobile, felony speed to elude arrest and resist/obstruct/delay public officer.

CMPD said just before 11:30 a.m., a license plate reader flagged a stolen car at Albemarle and North Sharon Amity roads.

Officers said they soon found the car and pulled it over.

CMPD said as an officer was getting out of his squad car, Gregory backed up and hit the officer's door.

"He hit my car door," the officer can be heard saying in dispatch audio. "He almost hit me, but I'm 10-4 (OK). I'm not severely hurt at all."

Other officers began following the vehicle before Gregory encountered traffic; CMPD said Gregory once again drove backwards, hitting a second squad car.

"Headquarters, he just 50'd [car accident] into my car," another officer said in dispatch audio.

CMPD said officers officially initiated a "vehicle pursuit" and chased after the car through a neighborhood in Barcliff Drive.

Police said the car smashed into the corner of a house before ending up on Gwendolyn Ardrey's front yard.

She and her husband were actually watching the chase live on television.

"All of a sudden, we turn around, and my husband says, 'they're in the yard!' Ardrey said. "So we just jumped up and slammed the door."

Police said Gregory ran through the woods into a nearby apartment complex before eventually being arrested.

Two other passengers in the car were detained, but CMPD hasn't identified nor pressed any charges against them.

Hermina Mattocks lives next door to the house that got damaged in the pursuit, and she was worried for her neighbor's safety.

"I thought she was in the house and got hit by the car," Mattocks said. "All kind of things are coming into your head when you see stuff like that."

Police said no one suffered serious injuries.