Roasted Butternut Squash Medley
Now that cool brisk Fall air has arrived, this week we take a look at a perfect cool-weather dish. Provided by Kraft Foods the main ingredient is a season favorite, butternut squash.
$6.79 4 slices of Oscar Mayer Bacon, chopped
$2.99 3 Tbsp. Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
$3.29 1 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
$2.69 1 tsp. Sugar
$3.58 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
$2.69 2 Red Peppers, quartered
$0.79 1 Onion, cut into 6 wedges
1) Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon; reserve 2 Tbsp. drippings and pour into a large bowl. Drain bacon on paper towels.
3) Add the dressing, mustard and sugar to drippings and mix well. Reserve 1 Tbsp. dressing mixture and set aside. Toss vegetables with remaining dressing mixture and spread onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
4) Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning after 15 minutes.
5) Spoon vegetables into a bowl. Add the bacon and reserved dressing mixture; mix lightly.