Big Sid’s Chicken Primavera -
4 servings (fireman size- 6 normal size)
Price point- $5.00- $3.50 per person- (based on firefighter or normal eaters)
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast- seasoned with Salt and pepper
1Lg bell pepper
1 Large Vidalia onion
1# cremini mushrooms (sliced)
1 can sweet peas (drained)
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 ½ sticks of butter
¾ c parmesan cheese
1qt chicken broth
1c of hot pasta water
1/4c corn starch
1 ¼ # of farfalle (bowtie) pasta.
1 cake or lasagna 2 ½ inch deep pan
1. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
2. Grill chicken.
3. Slice thinly peppers onions and mushrooms. Put together in bowl.
4. When chicken is half done put pasta in water.
5. Sauté/ cook peppers, onions and mushrooms in 2 T of butter in a hot pan and set aside. You want them to be cooked al dente which means “to the tooth” a little crunch to them.
6. Pull chicken off grill, slice thinly and set aside.
7. Mix ¼ cup corn starch and ¼ c of water to make your roux- set aside.
8. Drain pasta and put in cake/lasagna pan. Keeping at least 1c pasta water to the side.
9. Get sauté pan hot again put spinach in with 1c of chicken stock cover to steam spinach, put on top of pasta.
10. Take Peppers, onions and mushrooms and peas reheat in sauté pan. Poor all the liquid in the bowl in, that has a lot of flavor from the veggies. Put on pasta. And mix all together.
11. Add ¾ stick of butter and 2c chicken stock to pan bring to boil, stir in slowly roux. Wait a few seconds the starch has to develop and thicken you may not use all of the roux; it just needs to be the thickness you desire. Once you get it thick toss in chicken and put it over pasta and mix. Note: if it gets too thick you can thin it out by adding more chicken stock to the sauce.
12. Take 1/2c pasta water and drizzle over pan and stir.
13. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.
14. Season to taste salt and pepper on top.