Sambal Chicken Skewers
Yield 4 serving
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
⅓ Cup Hot Chili Paste (Sambal Oelek)
¼ Cup Fish Sauce (Nam Pla)
¼ Cup Sriracha
2 tsp Finely Grated, Peeled Ginger
1 ½ lb Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs, Cut into 1 ½”-2” pieces
8 Bamboo Skewers Soaked in Water for at Least 1 Hour
Method of Preparation
1. Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
2. Whisk brown sugar, vinegar, chili paste, fish sauce, sriracha and ginger in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat, marinate for 1 hr.
3. Thread four to five chicken pieces onto each skewer. Any left over marinade pour into a small pan.
4. Bring the marinate to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half (about 1 cup), 7-10 minutes
5. Grill chicken, turning and basting often with reduced marinade, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes, serve with Tequila Slaw with Fresh Cilantro.
Tequila Slaw with Fresh Cilantro
Yields: 4-6 Servings
¼ cup Mayonnaise (such as Hellmann’s from Food Lion)
3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Silver Tequila
2 tsp Sugar
¼ tsp Kosher Salt
⅓ cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 (14 oz) Package Coleslaw
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients; toss.