EASY CROCKPOT TORTELLINI
Chef Jill Aker-Ray
• 1 bag of frozen tortellini
• 5-10 oz fresh baby spinach
• ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
• 2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
• 1 box or 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
• 8 oz -chive and onion cream cheese (neufchâtel or mascarpone work well, also)
• 1 lb. of roll sausage (I use turkey sausage)
OR 1 pound Morningstar tofu veggie crumbles
1. Brown the sausage, cut the cream cheese in chunks, and put all ingredients into crock
2. Cook on low 5-6 Hours.
4. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Rocky Road Chocolate Cake (Crock-Pot)
Chef Jill Aker-Ray
1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
(I prefer Duncan Hines devils food)
1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream (or 1 cup lowfat Greek yogurt)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups milk, divided
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Beat cake mix, next 5 ingredients, and 1 1/4 cups milk at medium speed
with an electric mixer 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
Pour batter into a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
2. Cook remaining 2 cups milk in a heavy (non aluminum )saucepan over
medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or just until bubbles appear (do
not boil); remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter. Slowly pour hot milk
over pudding. Cover and cook on LOW 3 1/2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, heat pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low
heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
5. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle cake with pecans, marshmallows, and
chocolate morsels. Let stand 15 minutes or until marshmallows are
6. Spoon into dessert dishes, and serve with ice cream, if desired.