Angela H. Woods, CEO of GSHNC
Thank You Berry Munch Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
• 1 package mixed salad greens
• 1 package (6 oz.) fully cooked chicken breast strips
• ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
• ¼ cup dried cranberries or Craisins
• cup mandarin oranges
• ½ cup Berry Munch Salad Topping (see below)
• Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Salad Topping Ingredients
• 1 TBS Vegetable Oil
• 2 TBS Honey
• 1 tsp grated orange rind
• 1 ½ cups Pecans
• 10 Thank U Berry Munch Cookies, broken into ½" pieces
Place salad greens in a serving bowl, scatter toppings on salad, and serve with salad dressing.
Salad Topping Directions
1. In a four-cup bowl, stir together the honey, oil and orange rind.
2. Add pecans and stir to coat. Add cookie pieces and stir to coat.
3. Spread mixture evenly in greased jelly roll pan or on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.
Serve with Ciabatta bread. Salad topping is tasty on any salad, and is also a great addition to any trail mix.
Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council (GSHNC)
About Girl Scouts, Hornets' Nest Council
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of the USA is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls with 3.2 million girl and adult members worldwide. Girl Scouts is the leading authority on girls' healthy development and builds girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. Girl Scouts, Hornets' Nest Council serves more 23,000 girls and volunteers in eight counties of North and South Carolina, Anson, Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Rowan, Stanly, Union and York (S.C.) counties. For more information on how to join, volunteer, reconnect, or donate to Girl Scouts, visit www.hngirlscouts.org.