Food Babe’s Creamy Kale and Artichoke Dip
· 1 bag of frozen artichoke hearts thawed and chopped
· 4 cups of finely chopped kale, spinach, swiss chard or collards
· 1 garlic clove minced
· ⅛ tsp fresh nutmeg
· ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 tsp fresh black pepper
· 1 cup organic sour cream
· 3 tbsp organic mayo (optional – but really kicks this recipe into high gear)
· 3 tbs raw parmesan or manchego cheese, plus more for top
· coconut oil for greasing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and place into a medium sized baking dish (greased with coconut oil)
3. Top with additional cheese if desired
4. Bake for approximately 30-45 mins covered
5. Remove from oven, and let sit for at least 5 mins before serving with homemade pita or tortilla chips
Food Babe’s Pita or Tortilla Chips
· 1 pack of ezekiel whole wheat pita or small tortilla shells
· 1 tbsp coconut oil
· ¼ tsp paprika
· ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut pita or tortilla into triangle wedges with a pizza cutter.
3. Mix wedges with coconut oil, paprika and sea salt in a large bowl
4. Place wedges on a baking rack and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10mins until crisp
5. Remove from oven and enjoy!
It’s a good idea to make these while the dip is cooling. Please choose all organic ingredients if possible.
Check out more at foodbabe.com!