Jumbo Coconut Macadamia Shrimp w/ Pineapple Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
FOR THE SHRIMP
1 lb large shrimp (peeled, deveined & butterflied
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup crushed macadamia nuts
1) Place flour in small bowl
2) In another bowl, combine coconut milk and beaten eggs
3) In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs, shredded coconut and crushed macadamia nuts
4) Using the standard breading method (dry, wet, dry) place a few shrimp into the flour, coating evenly, and shaking off excess. Place the flour coated shrimp in the egg mixture, coating evenly, shaking off excess, then press the egg coated shrimp into the breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly.
5) Place shrimp in refrigerator until ready to cook.
FOR THE SAUCE
1/2 cup pureed fresh pineapple
1 cup prepared sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
Combine all ingredients in heavy bottomed saucepan, heat on medium low for 15 minutes.
Fry shrimps in 350* peanut oil until golden brown, keep warm.
Serve with pineapple sweet chili dipping sauce.