Mojo Marinated Chicken, Black Bean Pancake and Mango Papaya Chutney
6 - 6oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cups prepared Mojo marinade
Mojo Marinade (mo-ho)
1 C. Fresh Orange Juice
1/3 C. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/3 C. Fresh Lime Juice
1/3 C. Chopped Fresh Oregano
1/3 C. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/4 C. Olive Oil
1/4 C. Chopped Garlic
2 each Diced Fresh Jalapeno (seeds removed)
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Combine all ingredients, refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.
(1) Place chicken breasts and marinade in zip lock bag, marinate 4-5 hours in refrigerator.
Black Bean Pancakes
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup diced green onion
1-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1-1/2 cup canned black beans
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1-1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/8 cup olive oil (for frying)
(1) Sauté garlic and green onions in 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil till just tender.
(2) Puree half of the black beans till smooth.
(3) In a large bowl, combine black bean puree, remaining black beans, garlic, onions, jalapeno, chili powder and cumin.
(4) Stir in cooked brown rice and cilantro, combine until blended well.
(5) Shape into medium sized pancakes and coat with cornmeal.
(6) Heat 1/8 cup olive oil on medium high heat, fry pancakes till crispy. Remove and keep in warm place.
Mango Papaya Chutney
2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and diced, pit removed
1 large papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 each chipotle peppers, diced fine
2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1-1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 Roma tomatoes, diced fine
1-1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 cup spiced rum
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
(1) Combine all but rum and lemon juice.
(2) Bring to a rolling boil; reduce heat to medium - low.
(3) Simmer approx. 1 hour stirring often, until thickened.
(4) Stir in rum and lemon juice, set aside.
Grill chicken until done or at least 165* internal temperature.
Slice chicken breast, place atop black bean pancake.
Top with warm chutney.