Carnitas (Pulled Pork Tacos)
Ingredients for the pork:
• 2- 3 lb Food Lion boneless pork loin roast
• 2 tsp my essentials salt
• 4 tsp ancho chile powder
• 2 tsp Food Lion ground cumin
• 1 tsp Food Lion garlic powder
• 1 tsp Food Lion black pepper
• 1/2 tsp Food Lion ground cayenne pepper
• 12 fluid oz beer, (or my essentials chicken stock ), preferably with citrus notes
• 1/2 cup my essentials orange juice
• 2 T of chipotle Peppers in sauce
• warmed my essentials corn or flour tortillas
• avocado slices
• my essentials sour cream
• fresh cilantro
• lime wedges
• my essentials salsa (fresh or prepared)
1. Combine salt and rest of spices in a small bowl. Evenly coat the pork on all sides with the dry rub.
2. Place coated pork in slow cooker and cook. Pour in the beer (or chicken stock) Add in the orange juice and chipotle peppers. Cook in slow cooker for 7 to 8 hours.
3. Remove pork and let rest on large plate for 5 minutes. Shred pork using two forks.
4. Warm tortillas. Add shredded pork, salsa, avocado slices and sour cream.
4 medium tomatoes-chopped
1 medium sweet onion-chopped
¼ to ½ cup chopped cilantro
1t chopped, pickled jalapenos (depending on amount of heat you prefer)
1T my essentials oil
1t my essentials sugar
2T Food Lion red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix together (can keep in the fridge up to a week)