Pumpkin ale braised short ribs
PREP: 7 MIN
COOK: 120 MIN
4 Butcher’s Brand Beef Short Ribs
1 pinch my essentials Salt
1 pinch my essentials Black Pepper
2 bottle Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale or Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat
6 Food Lion Cloves
1 tbsp Ground Allspice
1 tsp Food Lion Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Nature’s Place whole peppercorns
1/2 cp Food Lion Apple Cider Vinegar
4 tbsp Food Lion Honey
1 large leek
1. Salt and pepper short ribs.
2. Heat a large skillet until almost smoking. Place ribs in the skillet and brown each side.
3. In a large pot, combine the rest of the ingredients (withholding leeks, carrots, and yams) and bring to a simmer.
4. Once the short ribs are browned, remove them from the skillet and place in pot with the remaining braising liquid.
5. Add the chopped leeks, carrots, and yams. Cover.
6. Let short ribs braise for 90 minutes to 2 hours over low heat. Remove from pot, and serve.