Rib-Eye Nacho Bites
By Chef Monica D Smith
• 2 Rib-Eye Steaks
• ½ Tbsp of kosher salt
• ½ Tbsp of ground black pepper
• 1 Tbsp of paprika
• 1 ½ tsp of cumin
• ½ tsp of ground oregano
• ¼ cup of canola oil (divided)
1. Season steaks and allow steaks to sit at room temperature prior to cooking.
2. Heat sauté pan. Add oil. Sear steaks until desired temperature is reached.
3. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
4. Trim the additional fat and cartilage.
5. Cut steaks into desired into desired bite-size pieces or strips.
6. Add on top of nachos
Pico de Gallo
• 2 whole roma tomatoes
• 2 tomatillos
• 1 red onion, small diced
• 1 jalapeño, small diced (seeds removed, optional)
• ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp of red wine vinegar
• Juice of fresh lime
• Salt and pepper to taste
• (1) bag of favorite taco chips (warmed)
• 8 oz. of shredded Mexican cheese (divided)
• Condiments (optional) – shredded lettuce, avocados and sour cream
1. Set oven to 350F
2. Prepare all ingredients accordingly and mix together. Allow Pico to sit for 20 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
3. Warm taco chips in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove warmed chips from the oven and cover with 4 oz of shredded cheese (reserve remaining 4 ozs.). Place nachos back in oven to and cheese to melt.
4. When cheese has melted remove from oven and then top with favorite toppings.
5. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the nachos prior to eating