Here is a great deal to check out Vine American Kitchen. They’re offering $40 gift cards for just $20. Just go to www.wcnc.com/charlottetoday and click on deals. Hurry.. there are a limited number of cards available.
Vine American Kitchen
Serves 6 Guest
KOSHER SALT 1 cup
WATER 1 gallon
LEMONS (cut into 1/2" rounds) 2 each
PARSLEY 1/2 bunch
FRESH THYME 1 oz
BLACK PEPPERCORN 2 teaspoons
GARLIC, CRUSHED 2 oz
SHALLOTS 1 oz
UNSALTED BUTTER .75 pound
FRESH LEMON JUICE 2 teaspoons
LEMON ZEST 1 lemon
CHOPPED ROSEMARY 1 tablespoon
CHOPPED PARSLEY 1 tablespoon
ROASTED GARLIC PUREE 2 tablespoons
KOSHER SALT 2 teaspoons
FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER 1/2 teaspoon
1. Combine 4 quarts water and salt in a stock pot stirring until
the salt dissolves.
2. Remove and discard chicken giblets, wing tips and neck
3. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
4. Place the chicken in the brine overnight or a minimum of 8 hours.
1. Remove chickens from brine and pat dry.
2. Loosen the chicken skin and place 4 tablespoons of prepared butter evenly under the skin.
2. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Place on spits and roast in the rotisserie until golden brown
to an internal temperature of 165
Let the chicken rest and continue to cook to 165 degrees
4. Using an oven roast on 325 to an internal temperature of 165 degrees