Turkey, Apple and Blue Cheese Wrap When making a wrap, keep the filling on the dry side so your sandwiches won't get soggy. Roll up your wraps in foil then, as you eat, you can fold down or peel away the foil and nothing falls out.
• What I love about this wrap is that it provides a serving of whole grains, a vegetable, a fruit and a protein all in one power packed sandwich wrap.
• At WW, our Good Health Guidelines want you to include at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day and this provides 2 of those serving in one sandwich.
7 PointsPlus Value
Prep time: 8 min
This wrap boasts light turkey meat, juicy apples, peppery arugula and a blue cheese-spiked cream cheese spread.
1 Tbsp blue cheese, softened
1 Tbsp fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
1 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), warmed according to package directions
1/2 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves
1/2 medium fresh apple(s), diced
2 oz cooked light meat turkey chopped or diced
• In a small cup, mash together blue cheese, cream cheese and pepper with a fork; spread onto tortilla. Top tortilla with arugula, apple and turkey, leaving about 1-inch of space from edges; tuck in sides of tortilla and then roll it up tightly (slice in half, if desired). Yields 1 wrap per serving.
Notes Sprinkle arugula with lemon juice or toss with you favorite light vinaigrette, if desired (could affect PointsPlus value).
Mojito-Style Melon Salad Serving a delicious fruit salad doesn’t have to be messy,,,,, Cut it up into bite-size pieces and bring them in a covered plastic bowl. Serve in small clear plastic cups with toothpicks
Prep time: 18 min
We were wowed by this recipe. It's so flavorful, simple and refreshing, we'll be making it all summer long.
• This is a new take on Fruit salad. We include just a little sugar/lime mixture to bring out the fruits natural flavors and sweetness.
2 cup(s) honeydew melon, diced
2 cup(s) (diced) cantaloupe, diced
3 Tbsp sugar, divided
2 tsp lime zest, freshly grated
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, slivered
• In a medium bowl, combine honeydew, cantaloupe, 2 tablespoons of sugar, lime zest and juice, and slivered mint. Refrigerate 15 minutes, tossing occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture is well chilled.
• When ready to serve, spread remaining tablespoon of sugar onto a flat plate. Pour a little water into a shallow bowl and dip rim of each of 4 wine or martini glasses into water; press wet rims into sugar to coat edge of each glass. Spoon 1 cup of fruit mixture into each glass; garnish with mint sprigs. Yields 1 cup per serving.
• For variety, try replacing some of the cantaloupe or honeydew with seedless watermelon.
• Or create a different flavor altogether by combining diced strawberries and peaches with orange juice and peel instead of the lime.
• Diced nectarines and raspberries with lemon juice and peel are also tasty.