Yield: 4-6 Servings
4 Cups Whole Milk Ricotta
½ Pound Fresh Mozzarella, diced
4 Fresh Mozzarella slices
3/4Cup Romano Cheese, grated
2 Eggs, beaten
1TspParsley, finely chopped
T.T.Salt & Pepper
8-10 6”x6” Fresh Pasta Sheets, cooked al dente
3 cups Favorite Tomato Sauce or Meat Sauce
1. Cook pasta sheets in boiling water until al dente. Al dente pasta will feel firm, not crunchy, when you bite down with your front teeth. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Romano, eggs, parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
4. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
5. Using a soup spoon, spread 2-3 spoonfuls of cheese mixture at one end of the square and roll it into a log (wet the end of the sheet with water to help seal it). If the manicotti does not seem full at each end use a spoon to finish filling the ends.
6. Roll into tube and arrange in baking dish seam side down. Top evenly with remaining sauce, making sure pasta is completely covered.
7. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and top manicotti evenly with 4 slices of fresh mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining Romano . Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.