Butternut Squash-Wild Rice Casserole
• 1 - 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 - 2 tablespoons (My Essentials) olive oil
• 2 6 ounce package long grain and wild rice mix (My Essentials)
• 3/4 cup chopped onions
• 3/4 cup chopped celery
• 3/4 cup chopped carrots
• 1/3 cup butter
• 2 10 1/2 - 10 3/4 ounce can condensed chicken with white and wild rice soup or cream of chicken soup (My Essentials)
• 1 8 ounce carton (My Essentials) sour cream
• 2/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (My Essentials)
• 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed (My Essentials)
• 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese (6 ounces) (My Essentials)
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl toss squash with oil to coat; spread into a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Roast about 20 minutes or until light brown and tender, stirring twice. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
2.Meanwhile, prepare rice mix according to package directions; set aside. In a large skillet cook onions, celery, and carrots in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, wine, and basil. Stir in cooked rice mix, roasted squash, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
3.Transfer rice mixture to a 2-1/2- to 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until heated through.
Make Ahead Tip
• Prepare as directed, except cool cooked rice, roasted squash, and cooked vegetables before combining with ingredients in Step 2. Stir in 1/2 cup milk with the soup and sour cream. Turn off oven. Cover tightly; chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of squash mixture registers 165 degrees F.