Cajun Chicken with Fresh Corn Salsa
Courtesy of Food Lion
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
• ¼ cup of Canola Oil
• 2 fresh ears of corn on the cob
• 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
• 1 cucumber, small dice (skin on or off – personal choice)
• Handful of fresh cilantro chopped
• ¼ cup of food lion Cajun seasoning
• 1 Tbsp of granulated garlic
• Juice of 2 limes
• Kosher salt and ground black pepper – to taste
1. Boil a pot of salted water. Add fresh corn to water for 4-5 minutes.
2. Cut kernels of cob and put in bowl.
3. Add in diced tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh cilantro.
4. Toss ingredients together.
5. Squeeze lime juice.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Stir and set aside.
8. Pound chicken breast out flat to about ½”.
9. Season chicken with Food Lion Cajun seasoning.
10. Heat sauté pan. Add oil and sauté seasoned chicken breasts.
11. Cook breast until done on both sides.
12. Serve with fresh corn salsa on a plate.