Lori’s Stuffed Peppers
4 Mixed color bell peppers
½ pound Ground beef
1 pound Ground Turkey
2 cups cooked Rice
2 - 16oz cans Tomato Soup (I like Campbell’s)
2 Tbsp Sugar
6 cloves Garlic – fine chop
1 medium Onion – medium chop
2 tsp Olive Oil for drizzle
1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat pan, drizzle olive oil, sauté onions until translucent and add garlic. Sauté for one more minute
2. Add ground beef and ground turkey to the same pan, brown, add salt and pepper to meats.
3. Stir in cooked rice
4. Pour tomato soup over the top, sprinkle sugar over top, stir, mixing all ingredients well.
5. Arrange cleaned and deseeded peppers to a baking dish, scoop meat mixture over peppers
6. Cover with foil, bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
Lori is my mom. She made this upon request when we were kids. This is what we call “momma food”; the hearty tasty meals that remind us of our mom.