Raspberry & Lemon Posset
This is one of the most incredibly delicious and impressive desserts to make to impress family and friends, yet it is one of the easiest desserts that I have ever come across in 33 years as a chef. Make this the next time you have company and they'll think you've been slaving over a hot stove all day. They will never know it only took you minutes to knock up!
2 cups of heavy cream
6oz fine sugar
2 large lemons, zest finely grated and juice freshly squeezed
1 pint fresh raspberries
½ cup raspberry puree
Pour the heavy cream into a large saucepan. Add the sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar melts, and the cream comes to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow simmering for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice and zest. Strain into 6 serving dishes such as wine glasses Place in the refrigerator and chill for 2 to 3 hours before serving. I like to finish mine with fresh raspberries or strawberries, at this time of year try some mandarin orange segments. Enjoy
Banana Toffee Fudge
2 oz Brazil nuts
2 large ripe Bananas
1 ½ pts Greek Yoghurt
5oz molasses sugar
1. Place the Brazil nuts onto a roasting tray and place under a broiler for 2-3 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool, then roughly chop.
2. Peel each banana and slice into rounds and place into a bowl, pour over the Greek Yoghurt and carefully mixture together.
3. Divide the mixture evenly between four serving glasses.
4. Sprinkle the molasses sugar equally over the four portions of banana mixture, cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for at least 3 hours.
5. Remove from the fridge and you will find the sugar has dissolved into a lovely thick fudge sauce, sprinkle over the nuts and serve.