Spicy Honey Glazed Pork Chop with Carrot and Ginger Mash
Spicy Honey Glazed Pork Chop
• 1½ pounds (or 5 thinly sliced) boneless center-cut pork chops
• 1½ tbsp canola oil
• ¼ cup honey
• Spice blend (mix together in small bowl):
o 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
o 1 tbsp smoked paprika
o ½ tsp Italian seasoning
o ½ tsp black pepper
1. Pre-heat grill or broiler.
2. After rinsing off pork chops, pat dry with paper towels. In medium bowl mix oil and spice blend together and toss pork chops in mixture until evenly coated.
3. Place pork chops on cake rack lined sheet tray leaving space in between pork chops while placing on rack.
4. Broil or grill 2-3mins in pre-heated oven (set on broil) or grill then turn over and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Brush pork chops with honey on the one side and grill or broil for additional 1-2 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
6. Remove pork chops from oven and let rest 3-5 minutes before cutting.
Carrot and Ginger Mash
• 2 cups baby carrots
• 3 cups water
• ½ tsp fresh chopped ginger
• ½ tsp honey
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. Boil carrots in water on high heat for 30-35 minutes or until carrots are very tender and or water is evaporated.
2. Lower heat to low and Smash carrots until smooth with potato masher.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
4. Top with chopped chives and serve.
1 serving = 1 pork chop
Nutrient Analysis: Spicy Honey Glazed Pork Chop
Calories 321 calories Trans Fat 0 grams
Protein 29 grams Cholesterol 93 milligrams
Carbohydrate 15 grams Potassium 462 milligrams
Total Fat 14 grams Phosphorus 265 milligrams
Saturated Fat 15 grams Sodium 69 milligrams
Nutrient Analysis: Carrot and Ginger Mash
Calories 44 calories Trans Fat 0 grams
Protein 1 grams Cholesterol 8 milligrams
Carbohydrate 6 grams Potassium 167 milligrams
Total Fat 2 grams Phosphorus 22 milligrams
Saturated Fat 1 grams Sodium 36 milligrams