Amma’s Cheese Ravioli
• 20oz Ricotta Impastata Cheese
• 1/3 Cup Romano Cheese, grated
• 1/3 Cup Grana Padana cheese, grated
• ¾ Cup Fresh Mozzarella, small dice
• 1 Large Egg, beaten
• ½ tsp Kosher Salt
• ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
• 25 Wonton Wrappers
In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, Grana Padana, fresh mozzarella, egg, salt & pepper and mix well. Set the filling aside.
Arrange 6 wonton wrappers on work surface. Place one tablespoon of cheese filling in center of each wrapper. Using your fingertips, dampen edges of wrappers with water. Fold all 4 corners up to meet in center and seal all 4 edges tightly. Pinch top to seal. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Cook ravioli in pot of gently boiling salted water until tender, about 4 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce, like Tomato Basil.
Tomato Basil Sauce
• 1 Julienne yellow onion
• 1 cup Julienne carrots
• 10 cloves of peeled garlic
• 4 oz. Fresh basil, no stems
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Bay leaf
• 2 tbsp. Kosher Salt
• 1 tsp. Ground Black pepper spice
• ¼ cup Chopped Parsley
• 2 28 oz cans peeled Italian canned tomatoes
• 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
Heat skillet, add oil. Combine the onions, carrots and garlic and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add basil, bay leaves, parsley, salt and pepper. Add all canned tomatoes and water and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Puree with immersion blender. Add chopped tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning.