Flank Steak with Chimichuri Verde
• 2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley
• 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
• 2 Tbsp capers, drained
• Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
• 2 anchovy filets
• 2 garlic cloves smashed
• 1/2 teaspoon smooth mustard
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt
• 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 or 3 medium tomatoes
• 1/4 cup olive oil (not extra virgin olive oil)
To make the chimichuri, pulse the parsley, scallions, capers, lemon zest and juice, anchovies, garlic, mustard and olive oil in a food processor until slightly chunky. Pour into a bowl and season with salt.
Preheat a grill to high or place a grill pan over high heat. Lightly coat flank steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Oil the grill or pan with remaining olive oil; grill the steak, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, turning only once. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Slice the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Serve with the tomatoes and chimichuri verde.