Lasagna Chicken Rolls with Cream Sauce
• 6 dried lasagna noodles (Food Lion Brand)
• 1 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (Food Lion Deli roasted chicken)
• 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained (1 cup)
• 1/2 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and sliced
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 cup marinara or pasta sauce (Food Lion Brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain again. Cut each in half crosswise; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, for white sauce, in a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add milk, beating until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
3. For filling, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the white sauce, the chicken, broccoli, roasted red sweet peppers, and black pepper. Place about 1/4 cup filling at one end of each cooked noodle. Roll up noodles around filling. Arrange rolls, seam sides down, in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
4. Spoon the marinara sauce over the rolls. Spoon remaining white sauce over marinara sauce. Cover with foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 6 servings