Posted on April 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Friday, Apr 6 at 1:12 PM
Tofu Wrap with Mediterranean Couscous
Preparing the Tofu:
1. Drain water from tofu package
2. Cut tofu block into ¼” rectangular slices
3. Cut each individual slice one time diagonally
4. Plate tofu on a large plate with two paper towels underneath and two on top
5. Place another plate on top of the tofu slices
6. Place a heavy object on top of the top plate
7. Allow tofu to press for about a half hour
8. Remove paper towels and place in pan on low-med heat
9. Heat each side for 10-15 minutes
10. Place in bowl with teriyaki marinade for 20 minutes
11. Drain all excess marinade and reheat on low-med for 4-5 minutes on each side
Tofu can be pan-sautéed, fried, toasted, grilled, etc, until it is firm enough that the skin offers a decent amount of resistance when poked with a spatula or a fork.
Preparing the Couscous:
Add 1 ¼ cup of boiling liquid (salted water or chicken stock) to 1 cup couscous, remove from heat, cover with pan lid or aluminum foil, and let sit for 5 minutes. Then remove the cover and fluff with a fork.
For 1 cup of couscous, add in:
½ cup kalamata olives, ½ cup feta cheese, ½ chopped cucumber, tomatoes, ½ cup of thin sliced red onion, ¼ cup minced basil, 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Place cooked tofu and a few spoonfuls of couscous on whole wheat wrap. Top with some spring mix or chopped romaine and a splash of greek salad dressing and you are ready to serve.