Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Pearl Onions
2½# Brussels sprouts, washed & trimmed
1# pearl onions
3 tbsp olive oil
4 slices bacon, cut in ½ inch slices
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper, ground
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chiffonade
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• To prepare sprouts, trim any damaged leaves off Brussels sprouts, as well as stems.
• If the sprouts are large, cut in half. If larger, cut in quarters.
• Cook in salted boiling water until just tender, about 2 minutes.
• Shock; drain well.
• Blanch, shock & pop the pearl onions.
• In large rondeau, heat olive oil & render bacon until browned, but not crisp.
• Remove bacon to paper towels to drain; reserve for garnish.
• In bacon fat/oil mixture, add sprouts & pearl onions.
• Toss well.
• Season with salt & pepper; toss well.
• Place all vegetables on sheet pan in oven until vegetables are tender & browned, about 15 minutes.
• Toss with parsley & bacon.
• Adjust seasonings if necessary.