Chicken en Papillote
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup cooked wild rice
¼ cup thinly sliced zucchini
¼ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
1 thinly sliced shallot
1 tablespoon vermouth
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 6 oz chicken breast, thinly sliced into two halves
2 lemon slices
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Cut 2 sheets of parchment paper into 15x20 inch rectangles. Fold the rectangles in half and trace half a heart shape. Cut out 2 heart shapes
3. Grease the inside of the parchment hearts with the butter
4. Place half of the rice on the right side of one of the hearts towards the center crease. Repeat on the other heart.
5. Top the rice with zucchini, red bell pepper, and shallot. Make sure to distribute equal amounts between the two hearts.
6. Season each chicken breast half with salt and pepper and place each half on top of the mixed vegetables.
7. Pour one tablespoon of the vermouth over the chicken. Garnish with lemon slice and parsley. Dot with leftover butter from preparing parchment.
8. Fold the left side of the parchment heart over the chicken. Beginning at the top of the center crease, make a small tight fold an inch down to begin sealing the chicken inside. At the center of the new fold, make another small fold and firmly crease. Continue making small folds until the bottom of the heart is reached. Twist the bottom of the heart tightly to the left, to completely seal parchment packet.
9. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165.