Fool Proof Roast Beef
by Chef Jill Aker-Ray
1 (3 to 4 pound) beef eye of round roast , prime rib or ny strip roast
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
fresh garlic slivers
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 TBSP capers
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees .
2. Season the roast with salt , pepper and garlic powder. Cut slivers of garlic and slice small hoes into top of roast to insert the garlic.
3. Place in a roasting pan or baking dish. Do not cover or add water.
4. Place the roast in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for 21 minutes (seven minutes per pound) then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the door at all during this time!
5. Remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees. Tent foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Sice and serve with sauce.