Cream Cheese and Cranberry Bars
Makes: 12 bars
• Food Lion Nonstick cooking spray
• 21⁄2 cups Food Lion finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 4 packages (8 ounces each) my essentials Cream Cheese, softened
• 1 cup my essentials sugar
• 2 teaspoons food lion vanilla extract
• 4 my essentials eggs
• 1 package (12-ounce) white chocolate chips
• 11/2 cups dried cranberries
• 4 ounces my essentials Cream Cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup my essentials powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon Food Lion vanilla extract
• 3-4 tablespoons my essentials milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. In a very large bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on medium. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Pour half of the white chocolate chips and half of the dried cranberries into batter. Combine. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle remaining white chocolate chips and remaining dried cranberries over batter. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until edges are set but center still jiggles slightly. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
5. For cheesecake icing, beat cream cheese until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Add 3 tablespoons milk and stir to thoroughly combine. Add milk as needed to get desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled bars. Refrigerate baking cookies & cakes at least 2 hours before serving.
6. Cut into 12 square bars (approximately 3x3 inches).
Sweet Chocolate Cherry Cake Bombs (makes 45-50)
• 1 Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake Mix
• 1 1/4 cups water
• 1/2 cup Food Lion vegetable oil
• 3 eggs
• 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup Food Lion Vanilla Frosting
• 50 Food Lion Maraschino Cherries with stems
• 16 oz. my essentials tempered semi-sweet chocolate (or dark confectionery coating/candy melts)
Special equipment needed:
• 2 - 8" or 9" cake pans or 1 - 13"x9" pan
• no-stick cooking spray
• hand held mixer
• paper towels
• parchment paper or non-stick foil baking sheet
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Prepare cake pan/s by spraying with no-stick cooking spray.
• Blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl until moistened.
• Using a hand held mixer , beat on medium speed for two minutes.
• Pour batter into prepared pan/s and bake for 29-35 minutes (see package for specific times for each pan size).
• Cool cake completely.
• Crumble cooled cake into a large mixing bowl.
• Add 1/4 cup frosting and mix until well combined. Add more if needed.
• Scoop mixture out by the tablespoonful.
• Roll each scoop into a ball.
• Drain maraschino cherries and pat dry with paper towels.
• Press one cherry into the center of each cake ball.
• Bring the cake mixture up and around the cherry.
• Roll in between your two hands to form a nice ball.
• Melt and temper semi-sweet chocolate or melt confectionery coating/candy melts.
• Dip cake covered cherries in chocolate.
• Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
• Refrigerate if using tempered semi-sweet chocolate until set, about 10 minutes.
• If using dark candy melts, place your cherry bombs in the freezer until set, about 5 minutes.
• Bring to room temperature before serving.