Walking to the Bus Stop
- Always walk on the sidewalk to the bus stop, never run. If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left facing traffic.
- Go to the bus stop about five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. While at the bus stop, wait quietly in a safe
- place well away from the road. Do not run and play while waiting.
Getting On and Off the Bus
- Enter the bus in line with younger students in front. Hold the handrail while going up and down the stairs.
- When entering the bus, go directly to a seat. Remain seated and face forward during the entire ride.
Riding the Bus
- Always speak quietly on the bus so the driver will not be distracted. Always be silent when a bus comes to a railroad crossing so the driver can hear if a train is coming.
- Never throw things on the bus or out of the windows. Keep the aisles clear at all times. Feet should be directly in front of you on the floor and book-bags should be kept on your lap. Large instruments or sports equipment should not block the aisle or emergency exits.
- Never play with the emergency exits. Large instruments or sports equipment should not block the aisle or emergency exits. If there is an emergency, listen to the driver and follow instructions.
- Hands should be kept to yourself at all times while riding on the bus. Fighting and picking on others creates a dangerous bus ride.