Top cop: Ore. dog sick after eating too many pot brownies

Top cop: Ore. dog sick after eating too many pot brownies

Top cop: Ore. dog sick after eating too many pot brownies

Print
Email
|

by Sara Roth, KGW.com Staff

WCNC.com

Posted on December 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Updated Wednesday, Dec 18 at 6:10 AM

PORTLAND – A dog was taken to a Portland animal hospital after its owner said it ate too many pot brownies, police said.

Portland Police Chief Mike Reese said a downtown business reported that a homeless man walked in to the business and said his dog was having convulsions.

The business owner called Portland police because the man was so frantic that he was causing a disturbance, officials said.

Chief Reese transported the man and his dog to Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital in Northwest Portland and tweeted a picture of the sick dog.

On the way to the hospital, the man told Reese the dog ate too many marijuana brownies.

The dog walked into the hospital on its own, Reese said.

When officers returned to the hospital a few hours later, the man and his dog were gone.

Related: More dogs getting sick from pot in NW

Print
Email
|