Chili Cheese Casserole
Recipe Courtesy of Nellie’s Southern Kitchen
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick butter
1/2 cup flour
1 can 8 ounces diced green chilies
1 quart cottage cheese
1 pound shredded Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt butter in 13 x 9 pan.
Pour out excess butter and set aside.
Beat eggs lightly in pan then add flour, baking powder, chilies and cheese.
Add remaining butter on top.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Reduce to 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Add green chili sauce as a garnish.
- This recipe is longtime family favorite and a crowd-pleasing dish.
- This was one of Nick’s favorite meals when he was growing up.
- It’s savory and cheesy with a kick of extra flavor from diced green chiles; Denise prefers to use two cans of green chilies in this recipe.
- Nellie’s Southern Kitchen offers Southern-inspired cuisine and is a way to honor Kevin Sr’s grandmother Nellie.
- Music is a special part of the Jonas family history, and plays a huge part of Nellie’s Southern Kitchen, with live music nightly and every Sunday at brunch.
© 2017 WCNC.COM