Whole herbed whole fish
· Buy your favorite fish. I like fish like snapper and trout for this. They’re lighter fish and combine well with the herbs. Get the fish scaled and cleaned but with head and tail on.
· 6 hours before stuff inside with fresh thyme, parsley, garlic, sprinkle Kosher salt and pepper, a few slices of lemon, drizzle some olive oil, and tie up with string. On the outside rub with olive oil, Kosher salt, and pepper.
· Heat grill to 450 degrees. This is best done on charcoal or wood but it’ll still be great on a gas grill. I recommend using a smoker box with apple, cherry, or orange wood and soak the chips in some inexpensive white wine.
· Rub oil onto the grill and again on the fish before placing on. Cook for 7-10 minutes and flip making sure to oil the grate before flipping. You can also sprinkle a little wine on the fish during cooking.
· After another 5-7 minutes the fish is done.
· Serve immediately.
- Lay thicker asparagus on tray, skewer 5-7 and a t time using 3 skewers in each to form a raft.
- Season both sides with toasted sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees
- If using wooden skewers place foil over exposed ends of skewers to prevent burning.
- Grill both sides until slightly charred and softened.
- When don’t top with sesame seeds and serve.
Israeli Couscous Salad
- 1 Cup chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- 1 or 2 shallots chopped finely.
- 4 Cloves of garlic finely chopped or minced.
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup of olive oil.
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata olives roughly chopped.
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup chopped mint.
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup chopped cilantro.
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- 1 Teaspoon of salt.
- 1 Teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon of red chili flakes or 1 or 2 fresh green or red chili peppers chopped finely.
- The chili flakes or fresh chilies are an optional ingredient.
- Mix all ingredients and let sit for at least 30 minutes
- 2 Cups of Israeli couscous
- Bring 3 1/2 Cups of chicken stock to boil, add couscous, reduce to simmer.
- When broth is absorbed spread onto sheet pan and let cool to room temperature. Then toss the couscous with the dressing and let sit for 15 minutes, toss again before serving.
© 2017 WCNC.COM