Holiday Sweet Potato Wedges
• 4 medium Organic Sweet Potatoes , washed, quartered lengthwise
• 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Pure Olive Oil
• 1 Tbsp. McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 1 Tbsp. McCormick Cinnamon
• Morton Kosher Salt , to taste
• McCormick Ground Black Pepper , to taste
• Preheat oven to 400 ̊. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss to coat.
• Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange wedges cut-side down. Do not crowd pan.
• Cook, turning once, until tender and golden brown, about 40 min. NOTE: If sweet potatoes brown too quickly, flip to skin side and reduce heat to 375 ̊.
• Serve immediately.
Turkey and Cranberry Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato Topping
• Potato topping
• 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
• 2 Tbsp. Butter
• 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
• 1 tsp. Cinnamon Kosher salt and pepper to taste
• 1 lb. Ground Turkey
• 1 Onion, chopped
• 1 cup Fresh cranberry sauce (prepared according to package directions)
• 1 cup frozen green beans
• 2 Tbsp. Butter
• 2 Tbsp. Flour
• 2 cups Chicken broth
• 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
• Kosher salt and pepper to taste
• Cooking spray
For the topping:
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Carefully pierce potatoes 3-4 times with a fork and bake until soft, about 45 minutes. Let rest until cool enough to handle.
• Scoop flesh into mixing bowl. Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth and combined. Set potato mixture aside.
For the filling:
• Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
• Combine the ground turkey and onion in a skillet, coated with cooking spray, over medium-high heat and break up with a wooden spoon or potato masher until browned and cooked through. Transfer mixture to a strainer and set aside.
• Using the same pan, lower heat to medium and add butter to melt. Add flour stirring continuously until combined and lightly browning, about 3-4 minutes, being careful not to burn.
• Slowly add chicken broth whisking well to combine. Bring to a simmer stirring often (you will see it bubbling and starting to thicken), about 5-7 minutes.
• Add frozen green beans and cranberry sauce, stirring to combine. Remove from heat.
• Add meat mixture to a 1 1/2 quart casserole or deep dish pie plate prepared with cooking spray.
• Top with dollops of the potato mixture and carefully spread to cover
• Bake uncovered on top rack of 400 degree oven 30-35 minutes until lightly browned on top. Let rest 10 minutes before serving..
© 2017 WCNC.COM