Adobo Spice Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
1 ½ lb. pork loin
1 tsp. ancho chili powder
½ tsp. smoked paprika
½ tsp roasted granulated garlic
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all spices and coat meat. Allow to sit and absorb for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat, add enough cooking oil until it becomes smoky. Sear the meat until browned on all sides.
- Place in the oven to roast, about 25 minutes. Remove at 140 degrees and rest before slicing.
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard (we are using lusty monk)
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Cayenne to taste
2 cups shredded cabbage
½ tart apple, julienne sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk the mustard, honey, vinegar and oil. Season with a dash of cayenne.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apple, onion. Toss with dressing.
12 corn tortillas, warmed
Pickled vegetables if desired
Queso Fresco or Farmer Cheese
-Assemble tacos with desired amount of pork and toppings.
1. This is an easy and healthy dish to add to your game day spread
2. The pork is rubbed with spices then seared to toast them on the outside of the meat, this will heighten the flavor. It's then roasted in the oven to retain all its moisture.
3. The fresh cabbage apple slaw is packed with flavor yet has a light dressing that won't weigh you down. It's perfect for the season with the apple and mustard flavors.
4. I am cooking for a fantastic even benefitting No Kid Hungry the next day, Saturday September 17th at Mimosa Grill. It's an all female line up featuring chefs and mixologists from all across the state. Tickets are still available and the website is: