BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA RECIPE
PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME:10 MINUTES
· 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
- (I use fresh!! 2 globe or 4 romas)
· 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, well drained
- (I use fresh – 2 ears, cut off cob and sautéed)
· 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
· 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
· 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 teaspoon chile pepper (I use jalapeno)
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· optional: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Cover.
2. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.
STRAWBERRY Jalapeno SALSA
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES
· 3/4 cup diced strawberries
· 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
· 2 tablespoons diced red onion
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
· 2 teaspoons honey, or more to taste
· Juice of 1 lime
1. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, honey and lime juice.
2. Serve immediately
Best Ever Roasted Salsa
An incredibly easy and super healthy roasted salsa recipe. Only a few steps to a great-tasting salsa!
Author: Jen Nikolaus
Recipe type: Snack
· 10 roma tomatoes
· 3 cloves garlic
· 1 shallot
· 1 sweet onion
· 2 jalapeños (or more if you like it spicier)
· 1 tsp. cumin
· ½ tsp. salt (or more, for taste)
· ⅛ tsp. pepper
· ¼ of a lime, squeezed
· ¼ cup chopped cilantro (or more, if desired)
1. Heat up your broiler on your oven. Place tomatoes, garlic (with the peels on), shallot (with the skin on), onion (peel and cut in half) and whole jalapeños on a cookie sheet. Place under broiler.
2. I like to rotate the veggies periodically so they get equally cooked. When skins begin to char, pull cookie sheet out of oven. Be careful not to burn the garlic! It should take about 10-15 minutes.
3. When finished, let the vegetables cool down then peel the garlic skins and shallot skin off. Using a food processor or blender (I used my Vitamix), blend all the vegetables together to the consistency of your liking.
4. Add cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice. Stir in cilantro. Taste and add extra seasonings if necessary. Enjoy!
MANGO HABANERO SALSA
Author: Michele @ Flavor Mosaic
Recipe type: Appetizers, Sides
2 Mangoes, peeled and diced
1 red sweet pepper, chopped
½ red onion, diced
2 jalapeños, seeded and diced (use only 1 for less heat)
1 or 2 habanero peppers, seeded and diced (use fewer for less heat)
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Mix first 6 ingredients together in a medium bowl. Squeeze lime juice over it. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Salsa Verde (Roasted Tomatillo Sauce)
1 ½ # tomatillos, husked, washed, cored and cut in half-inch pieces
½ medium Vidalia onion, peeled and cut in ½ inch pieces
1 small jalapeño chili, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chili powder
6 sprigs fresh cilantro, larger stems removed
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Then prepare the tomatillos for cooking. Once the husks are removed, they need to be washed very well. They are sticky, and will get slick before they are clean all the way. Remove the core, and cut in small pieces. Toss the tomatillos, diced onion, sliced jalapeno, olive oil and all of the spices together in a bowl. Spread these ingredients in a single layer onto a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. You are looking for the ingredients to be fully cooked and starting to brown on the edges. If after 20 minutes, this has not happened, cook for 5-10 more minutes. (It all depends upon your oven and how small the pieces are cut.) Allow mixture to cool to room temperature before blending. In a blender, add the cooked ingredients and the sprigs of cilantro. Blend thoroughly until smooth. Taste the sauce, and adjust with salt if necessary. Add a small amount of water if the mix is too thick.
Serve with chips as an appetizer, or with fajitas, or on grilled fish for dinner!
© 2017 WCNC.COM