Shrimp Poblano and Avocado Cream Po’ Boy Sandwich
o 2 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deveined
o Juice of 2 fresh Limes
o Zest of one fresh Lime
o 1 Tbsp of fresh garlic, minced
o ½ tsp cumin
o ½ tsp paprika
o ½ bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
o Salt and Pepper as needed
o 3 Poblano peppers, fire roasted
1. Put all ingredients together in a food processor (except for the fresh Poblano).
2. Place Poblano Peppers on the grill and cook until the skin is charred. Place in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic and set aside for a few minutes. Next remove the charred skin with your hands or a clean towel and discard the skin.
3. Remove the top of the pepper, cut it open and spoon out all the seeds and membranes; discard. Chop the Poblano and place in the food processor with remaining ingredients and puree.
4. Place shrimp in a Ziploc bag or bowl. Cover shrimp with Poblano Marinade and set aside until ready to skewer and grill. Discard the unused marinade.
5. Skewer the shrimp and grill for 3 minutes on both sides until shrimp is cooked.
6. Set aside to make Po’ Boys
7. Crusty Bread
Guacamole Cream Ingredients:
o 2 ripe avocado
o ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
o 8 diced Sundried Tomatoes
o Plus 1 Sundried Tomato, thinly sliced (garnish)
o 1 Tbsp. olive oil
o ½ small diced shallot
o ½ bunch of fresh cilantro; washed, dried and minced
o Zest of 1 lime
o Juice of 1 fresh lime
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
2. Serve sandwich with shredded lettuce and fresh vegetable salad