Smoked Chili and Rosemary Mustard
with Brown Butter Acorn Squash
Serves 4 to 6
2 lb pork loin
¼ cup Chef Alyssa’s Smoked Chili and Rosemary Mustard Spread*
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a roasting rack over a baking pan.
- Mix mustard, oil and salt together and Rub mixture all over pork. Place pork, fat side down, in prepared roasting pan.
- Roast pork 30 minutes. Turn roast fat side up. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155°F., about 25 minutes longer. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour any juices from roasting pan into small saucepan; set over low heat to keep warm. Cut pork crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange pork slices on platter. With some greens such as arugula and topped with brown butter acorn squash (recipe rollows). Pour pan juices over.
*If you do not use the mustard spread, instead mix 1 tsp smoked paprika, 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard and 2 sprigs minced fresh rosemary
1 medium acorn squash, seeded and sliced into 1” thick wedges
¼ cup unsalted butter
6 to 8 medium sage leaves
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Kosher or sea salt, to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese block
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until it just begins to brown and develop a toasty, nut aroma. Stir in the brown sugar and sage leaves. Cook for 30 seconds more and then remove from heat.
- Toss the acorn squash with the sage-brown butter mixture and season with a dusting of grated nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Place the acorn squash on the prepared pan. Roast for 20 minutes, turn the squash over, and continue roasting for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with the brown butter and sage leaves spooned over the top of the acorn squash. Topped with grated parmesan.