Browned Butter & Lime Salmon
· 2 Fresh or Frozen Salmon Filets
· Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, season to taste
· 1 Tbsp of AP Flour, divided
· 2 Tbsp of Honey, divided
· 2 Tbsp of EV Olive Oil
· Zest of 1 lime
· 6 Tbsp of unsalted butter
· Fresh Lime Juice
· 1 tsp of Honey
· 2 cloves of Fresh Minced Garlic
1. On a cutting board layout both salmon fillets, season with salt and pepper. Next, coat with 1 tsp of AP Flour and 1 tsp of honey each on both sides.
2. In a small sauce pot heat and whisk butter until foamy and lightly golden brown; do not overcook to prevent from burning. Remove from heat and whisk in fresh lime juice, 1 tsp of honey, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Add Olive Oil. Then add salmon and sear on both sides for about 3-4 minutes each (depending on thickness). If fillets are thick cuts then place in a preheated 400 °F oven for about 5 minutes or until done.
4. When Salmon is cooked pour browned butter sauce over each fillet and garnish with lime zest. Serve over Coconut Basmati Rice.
Coconut Basmati Rice
· 1 cups water
· 3/4 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
· 1/2 teaspoons (packed) golden brown sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 cups basmati rice (about 13 ounces), well rinsed, drained
· 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
· Red Pepper Chili Flakes (sparingly)
1. Combine water, coconut milk, sugar, and salt in heavy large saucepan; simmer then stir in rice.
2. Cover rice and lower the heat to medium-low and simmer 12 minutes.
3. Cover tightly, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
4. Transfer rice to bowl; sprinkle with toasted coconut.