CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- With the Panthers in the midst of what could be the best season in team history, tailgaters and fans are always looking to find the next great recipe.
Here is an ultra-simple recipe for mini buffalo chicken burgers with blue cheese slaw that will complement any tailgaters' spread.
Mini Buffalo Chicken Burgers
This recipe will make 12 burgers
- Two pounds of ground chicken
- Half-packet of Food Lion's "Taste of Inspiration" burger seasoning
- Buffalo sauce (store bought or home-made)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (powder) - buttermilk style
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- One-quarter to one-half cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 head savoy cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced
- Slider buns
Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees and begin prep work.
Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Mix chicken with the burger seasoning or garlic power and seasoning salt. Form into 12 small patties and place patties on the prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip the burgers over and brush with buffalo sauce, then continue baking for 10 minutes longer.
While the burgers are baking, make your slaw. Whisk together ranch powder, mayonnaise, and buttermilk until smooth. Remove one cup of dressing. Mash the blue cheese into the remaining dressing and pile the cabbage, carrot, and green onion into a large bowl and drizzle blue cheese dressing over the top. Toss well to combine.
After 25 to 30 minutes total cooking time, remove the burgers and brush liberally with more sauce. Lay onto buns and pile slaw on top. Last, but most importantly, dig in and enjoy this great recipe!