You watched the campaigns. You voted. All that's left to do is watch the results.
Whether you feel relieved it's over or are stress eating from each state's outcome, here's 10 ideas of fun election-themed snacks for election night.
Left & Right Wings
The Daily South's recipe for left and right wings is the perfect themed food for Tuesday night.
"No matter who you cast your ballot for today, we can all agree on one thing: wings!"
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 1/2 to 5 lb. chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 (3 oz.) wedge blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Stir together and you're set!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 1/2 to 5 lb. chicken wings
- Vegetable oil
- 1" thick crusty French bread slice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons water
Pair with politicians
According to Delish, both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have a set of preferred snacks.
If you're party affiliation lies with one, why not snack like them? Hit the grocery store and grab the snacks for a flavor of the potential president (and a good conversation starter).
Clinton: Raw jalapenos, hummus, mocha cake and DOVE ice cream bars
Trump: Oreos, diet coke, cherry-vanilla ice cream and See's Candies.
Election pole bean salad
Election-themed and healthy.
According to ninosalvaggio.com, pole beans are not a specific variety of beans but a distinction of growth characteristic in which the bean plant grows vertically on trellises or poles.
We have inserted the word 'election' into a variety of different bean salad ideas for some simple themed-election ideas. Here's four (election) pole bean salad recipes:
Whether who you're voting for, you may need a drink.
Here's two different themed cocktail that are inspired from iconic lines of this election.
Quartz's "Nasty Woman Cocktail"
- Three parts silver tequila
- Two parts cherry juice
- One part lime juice
- Pour over ice and top with sparkling wine or limeade and add a wedge of lime.
Mix That Drink's "The Bad Hombre"
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces Eppa SupraFruta Organic White Sangria
- 1/2 ounce Tia Maria
1/2 ounce Domaine de Canton Ginger Liquer
- Several dashes of Aztec Chocolate Bitters
- Garnish with fruit to top off this sangria-like drink.
Bon Appetit's "Swing State Cocktail"
Copyright 2016 WCNC