CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Shoppers began digging for steals and deals in Charlotte stores Thanksgiving evening and the number of shoppers continues to grow into Friday morning.
Bass Pro Shop in Concord was an especially popular hot spot for holiday deals.
Lines circled around the store as early as 5 a.m. Around 6:30 a.m. there were ten separate lines in the store to both check out and get inside the store. One of their most popular deals was $9.97 jeans. Bass Pro Shops Black Friday sale ends at 11 a.m.
According to the National Retail Federation, 137 million Americans are expected to shop this holiday weekend and consumers are forecasted to spend more than 50 percent of their holiday budget online.
This year, 6 in 10 Americans plan to buy something for themselves. Whether shoppers were looking for loved ones or splurging on themselves, Black Friday was in full force in Charlotte.
A lot of malls in the Charlotte area opened their doors to shoppers. Here's a list of Charlotte's mall hours:
- SouthPark Mall: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday
- Carolina Place Mall: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday
- Concord Mills: 6 p.m. Thursday until 9:30 p.m. Friday
- Charlotte Premium Outlets: 6 p.m. Thursday until 10 p.m. Friday
- Eastridge Mall: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday
- Rock Hill Galleria: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday
- Northlake Mall: 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. Friday
Other popular stores hours on Black Friday (please note that store hours vary depending on location):
- Bed Bath & Beyond: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Best Buy: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- CostCo: 9 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Dick's Sporting Goods: 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Home Depot: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Kohl's: Open until midnight on Black Friday
- Macy's: 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Office Depot: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Michaels: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sears: 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Target: 12 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Walmart: 12 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Copyright 2016 WCNC