CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charges will be dismissed against a Charlotte teenager accused of breaking into a home last week.
Police arrested 18-year-old Milton Dunlap after a pursuit last Tuesday.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department says they originally arrested Dunlap based on probable cause.
A state trooper involved in the pursuit said he saw Dunlap jump from the vehicle in the chase and run into nearby home.
Police now say the trooper misidentified Dunlap.
Dunlap’s family has insisted the charges are baseless from the beginning. The police department says the family has presented information showing Dunlap was not involved in the case.
Officers requested Wednesday for the Mecklenburg County District Attorney's Office to dismiss the charges.
Police are still investigating.